After a ridesharing accident, knowing where and with whom to file your claim can be a struggle. Uber and Lyft accidents are still finding their footing in the legal world.
If you have been involved in a ridesharing collision, you need an experienced Uber/Lyft accident attorney in Buffalo. At Towey Law, PLLC, we can help you navigate the complex claims process and ensure you receive the compensation you need.
Call our offices today and speak with a qualified ridesharing accident lawyer in Buffalo by calling (716) 300-8232 to schedule a free consultation.
Why Choose An Uber And Lyft Accident Lawyer From Towey Law?
At Towey Law, PLLC, our Buffalo car accident attorneys are dedicated to serving the injured residents of Buffalo, New York:
- To ensure everyone has access to skilled and experienced representation, we offer free case evaluations.
- We have recovered millions in compensation on our clients’ behalf through settlements and verdicts.
- With the attorneys of Towey Law PLLC by your side, you have representation that calls Buffalo home and is invested in protecting the rights of their community.
Why Hire an Uber/Lyft Accident Attorney?
The ridesharing world is constantly changing and adapting. Due to the evolving laws, the most challenging aspect of ridesharing accidents is determining liability. An Uber/Lyft accident lawyer can help you pursue the compensation you deserve.
At Towey Law, PLLC, our esteemed legal team will:
- Investigate your claim
- Gather critical evidence
- Overcome denied claims
- Assess the full value of your claim by calculating your pain, suffering, and emotional distress
If a loved one has died in an Uber/Lyft accident, you deserve the peace of mind. Contact the Buffalo wrongful death lawyers at Towey Law, PLLC to recover the damages you need.
Ridesharing Contributing to More Traffic Deaths
Ridesharing apps like Uber and Lyft have exploded in use over the last few years. The University of Chicago and Rice University conducted a study to see if Uber and Lyft have had an impact on the safety of our roads.
According to the study, road fatalities have been driven up by 3 percent since 2011. Some of the contributing factors may be:
- Uber and Lyft have caused more cars to be on the road.
- People are using ridesharing apps instead of public transportation.
- Uber and Lyft encourage as many drivers as possible on the roads to get to riders quickly.
- The financial costs of additional fatalities are estimated at $10 billion.
Why Is Liability so Challenging in Uber/Lyft Accidents?
Uber and Lyft classify their drivers as independent contractors, which makes filing a claim much more complex.
Companies classify their workers as employees or independent contractors. If you are an employee and cause an accident, your employer will carry liability insurance. After an accident, it can be difficult to know if you should file a claim with the driver on their personal insurance or with the company.
Other challenges include:
- Insurance policies that only cover damage when an accident occurs from personal use, not ridesharing.
- Specific policies for rideshare drivers
- Due to mounting lawsuits, Uber and Lyft have started to offer liability insurance to their contractors, but not all drivers are willing to pay for the service.
Contact Our Uber/Lyft Accident Attorneys in Buffalo
If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident with a rideshare service, call Towey Law, PLLC today. Our Buffalo accident attorneys can help you overcome the challenges of your personal injury claim and secure the compensation you deserve.
Our Uber/Lyft accident attorneys in Buffalo have the experience, skills, and resources to successfully handle your case. Schedule a free case evaluation today by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232.