At Towey Law, PLLC, our slip and fall attorneys have handled numerous premises liability cases. We understand injuries from slip and fall accidents can cause severe head trauma, broken and dislocated bones, and other serious injuries.
If you or a loved one has been hurt due to a negligent property owner, let Towey Law, PLLC help you secure the compensation you deserve. Please consult with one of our experienced Buffalo personal injury attorneys today by calling (716) 300-8232.
Why Choose A Buffalo Slip & Fall Lawyer From Towey Law?
When you are hurt in a serious accident, a skilled and experienced slip and fall lawyer in Buffalo will make a significant difference in your case:
- At Towey Law, PLLC, we are committed to providing aggressive advocacy and exceptional service.
- We are results-driven, securing over a million dollars for our clients in settlements and verdicts.
- We believe everyone is entitled to representation when they are injured due to someone’s negligent acts and provide free case consultations.
What A Buffalo Slip & Fall Attorney Can Do for You
Slip and fall claims can be challenging. The property owner’s liability can be contested, proving negligence can be difficult, and defining an owner’s duty of care can be challenging.
An experienced slip and fall attorney understands there are significant gray areas in premises liability claims concerning what is reasonably safe and what level of care was owed to the injured person.
At Towey Law, PLLC, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation, including talking to witnesses, examining camera footage, and gathering police and medical records
- Assess all damages, including placing a value on the pain you have experienced
- Negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf
- Protect your best interests throughout the claim process
- Provide responsive communication from day one
If a fair offer is not made, we will gladly pursue the compensation you deserve by a verdict. Our slip and fall lawyers have the skills and resources to fight for your rights.
Defining Slip and Fall Accident Claims in Buffalo, New York
When considering a slip and fall claim, it is important to know how premises liability is defined.
First, you must show that the party owed a duty of care to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition. This duty applies to property owners, property managers, operators, landlords, tenants, and those who have control over the property. What is “reasonably safe” can be different in each case, depending on the specific facts.
Each slip and fall accident presents a unique set of circumstances that your premises liability attorney in Buffalo will need to evaluate.
Are Slip and Fall Accidents Serious?
Slip and fall accidents can cause significant damage. According to the National Floor Safety Institute:
- Eight million people find themselves in the ER every year from a slip and fall.
- Slip and falls are the leading cause of workplace injuries, resulting in the highest number of worker compensation claims.
- Bone fractures lead to the most severe consequences.
- Total injuries due to falls account for $13-14 million in medical care.
In many cases, a slip and fall can do more damage than people are aware. Soft tissue damage may cause swelling around the spine, a spinal disc may slip, broken bones and sprains can be caused by trying to break the fall. Catastrophic slip and fall injuries also include brain injury and spinal cord injury.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a slip and fall accident, you deserve to know your rights. Contact our Buffalo slip and fall attorneys today.
What Are the Leading Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
It is impossible to list all the reasons a slip and fall accident claim may be brought against a property owner. If you have been injured in a fall, contact a slip and fall lawyer to discuss your accident.
Some of the leading causes of slip and fall injuries include:
- Uneven flooring
- Debris, clutter, and other obstacles obstructing walkways
- Loose and uneven steps
- A build-up of ice and snow
- Potholes in business parking lots
- Bulging and worn carpeting
- Unmaintained pavements that have cracks and holes
- Wet, greased, or otherwise slippery floor
- Faulty scaffolding
- Improper safety practices
- Failure to post warning signs where necessary, including Caution: Wet Floor or Caution: Walkways May Be Icy
- Loose cables and wires
- Loose or broken stairway rails
- Faulty ladders or unsecured ladders
- Unsecured rugs and mats
- Bright lights that cause a glare on shiny floors
- Flooring transitions from one room to the next
- Failure to use adequate barriers to close off wet floors
- Failure to use non-skid floor treatments when required
A property owner has a duty to prevent slip and fall accidents. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident due to negligence, let our talented legal team help you obtain the compensation you need.
What Are the Damages That a Slip and Fall Attorney Can Help Recover?
At Towey Law, PLLC, we have helped many families in the Buffalo area secure the compensation they deserve. Every slip and fall claim is distinct and may qualify for different damages. However, the most common recoverable damages include:
- Complete coverage of medical expenses
- Loss of income if you are unable to work
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering damages
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
A Slip & Fall Attorney in Buffalo Will Protect Your Rights
Slip and fall claims can be complex. At Towey Law, PLLC, we have extensive experience representing injured parties due to negligent property owners.
We believe every person is entitled to aggressive representation and dedicated service. Our Buffalo slip & fall attorneys will protect your rights and fight for the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation with one of our esteemed lawyers today by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232