One of the most severe injuries the human body can endure is damage to the spinal cord. Partial and permanent paralysis can occur, causing tremendous financial, emotional, and physical hardships. Recovering from spinal cord injuries is often long and painful.
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury due to negligence, call our Buffalo spinal cord injury attorneys today. We will fight tirelessly to recover the damages you deserve. Contact Towey Law, PLLC today for a free case evaluation by calling (716) 300-8232.
Why Hire A Buffalo Spinal Cord Injury From Towey Law?
After experiencing a traumatic accident and suffering devastating injuries, it is important to have a Buffalo personal injury lawyer who can protect your best interests.
The attorneys at Towey Law PLLC fight for the rights of the community they have called home for all of their lives. They are proud to provide the residents of Buffalo:
- Responsive and direct communication
- Aggressive advocacy
- Results-oriented representation, recovering over a million dollars in settlements and verdicts
Experienced Counsel Can Significantly Impact Your Buffalo Spinal Cord Injury Claim
When a spinal cord injury causes irreparable damage, chronic pain, or temporary disability, it is crucial to obtain experienced representation.
Catastrophic injuries in Buffalo are financially more substantial due to the extent of bodily damage and profound effect on a victim’s life. A spinal cord injury attorney will need to have:
- An in-depth understanding of complex spinal cord medical matters and nuances
- Access to medical experts and investigators
- Skills to find and gather critical evidence
- Ability to help otherwise healthy people understand a victim’s pain
- Aggressive determination to pursue a just settlement or verdict
Our spinal cord injury attorneys are here for you. Call now.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries in Buffalo
Spinal cord injury rates have increased over the years. According to a medical study:
- Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of spinal injuries and currently account for half of all new cases involving:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Sports accidents account for 10 percent of spinal injuries.
- Workplace accidents
- Acts of violence cause 12 percent of spinal cord injuries, usually from gunshot wounds.
If you or your loved one’s spinal cord injury is the result of a car accident, contact our Buffalo car accident lawyers today.
What Are Symptoms of Spinal Cord Injuries?
Spinal cord injuries can present in a number of ways. If you feel any of the following symptoms after your accident, talk to your doctor immediately:
- Loss of movement
- Altered sensation, including the ability to feel hot or cold
- Exaggerated reflexes
- Pain or an intense stinging sensation
- Difficulty breathing or coughing
- Changes in sexual function
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
When the time between injury and medical treatment determines the severity of complications, it is imperative you seek immediate medical attention after an injury. Continue to monitor any injuries to the back and neck and seek medical attention should you experience the above symptoms.
Contact Our Buffalo Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers for the Compensation You Deserve
At Towey Law, PLLC, we believe it is an honor to serve the injured residents in our community. Our Buffalo spinal cord injury attorneys have extensive experience handling complicated medical cases. We will represent your best interests and fight to recover the damages you are entitled to receive, including:
- Complete coverage of medical expenses
- Loss of income if you are unable to work
- Loss of future earnings
- Pain and suffering damages
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury due to another’s negligent actions, you need a Buffalo spinal cord attorney. Schedule a free consultation today by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232.