It seems unfair that at the end of our life we begin to depend more heavily on others. When we consider our elderly loved ones, they deserve quality care. Unfortunately, some nursing homes fail to give our loved ones the care they deserve.
If your loved one is showing signs of abuse or neglect, you need to consult a Buffalo nursing home negligence attorney as soon as possible. The compassionate Buffalo injury lawyers of Towey Law, PLLC can help advise you on the best course of action to protect those you love. Call our offices and speak to a nursing home negligence lawyer today. You can contact us by calling (716) 300-8232.
Why Choose Towey Law For Your Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer?
After an act of negligence or carelessness that results in personal injury to you or those you love, turn to the attorneys of Towey Law PLLC for the representation you need:
- Our free consultations can be conducted in person, over the phone, or by video conference.
- We are results-driven and have successfully recovered over a million in damages for our clients in Buffalo personal injury cases.
- When you need to speak directly with your attorney, our nursing home abuse attorneys provide open and responsive communication.
Why You Need a Nursing Home Negligence Lawyer in Buffalo, New York
Abuse in nursing homes routinely goes unreported. If your loved ones are showing signs of neglect or abuse, please report your suspicions as soon as possible.
In many cases, reports are not addressed quickly, allowing bedsores and bruises to clear up by the time a follow-up is conducted. Additionally, older generations tend to have fragile skin. Scrapes and bruises may have come from other sources and are not enough to prove abuse. A nursing home negligence attorney can pressure the facility to act promptly before evidence clears away.
Our dedicated legal team will conduct a thorough investigation to bring liable parties to justice. We will fight for the rights of your loved one and recover the damages you deserve.
If you believe your loved one is being neglected, call Towey Law, PLLC today.
How Prevalent Is Nursing Home Abuse and Negligence?
While experts largely believe instances of nursing home negligence go unreported, the National Center on Elder Abuse has conducted a study to bring awareness to the problem. According to their evidence:
- 11.6 percent of residents experience physical abuse.
- 4.6 percent experience some form of emotional abuse.
- 2.6 percent experience financial abuse.
- 9 percent suffer sexual abuse.
- 4.2 percent are subjected to neglect.
If you have an elderly loved one in the care of a nursing home, it is crucial you become aware of the signs of abuse and neglect.
What Are the Signs of Nursing Home Negligence?
Nursing home negligence is tragic. Some signs of neglect and abuse are more difficult to distinguish than others. Our nursing home abuse and negligence attorneys watch for the following signs when investigating a claim:
- Reluctance to speak about the staff or in their presence
- Heavy sedation
- Unexplained cuts or bruises
- Rapid weight loss
- Becoming emotionally and visibly agitated
- Unusual and sudden changes in behavior, including fear of being touched, sucking, biting, rocking
- In severe cases of abuse, head trauma, and broken or fractured bones
- Frequently ill
- Unsanitary conditions
Contact a Buffalo Nursing Home Negligence Attorney Today
Our elderly loved ones deserve respect and safety. If you suspect a loved one has been neglected or abused by a nursing home staff member or volunteer, please call Towey Law, PLLC, today. Our nursing home negligence attorneys have the skills and dedication to secure the damages you and your family deserve, including:
- Full coverage of medical expenses related to the abuse
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Relocation expenses
- Possible punitive damages
If a death has resulted due to such negligence, be sure to reach out to our Buffalo wrongful death attorneys today.
Schedule a free consultation with Towey Law, PLLC today by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232. Our compassionate and experienced legal team is here for you.