Pedestrians have the right to walk through their cities, towns, and rural areas around the country safely. When motorists refuse to share the road, the consequences are often tragic.
At Towey Law, PLLC, our Buffalo pedestrian accident attorneys understand the devastating consequences negligent or careless drivers can cause. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a pedestrian accident, call our Buffalo car accident lawyers and personal attorneys offices to discuss your case today.
You can schedule a free case evaluation with an attorney for pedestrian accidents in Buffalo by calling (716) 300-8232.
Why Hire A Buffalo Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Towey Law?
The success of a pedestrian accident claim largely depends on the skill and experience of your representation. At Towey Law, PLLC, our lawyers:
- Provide responsive communication to ensure our clients’ needs are met
- Offer free case evaluations to assess the goals of our clients
- Aggressively defend our clients’ rights in all our Buffalo personal injury cases
How an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Will Help Your Claim
Filing a pedestrian accident claim is not as straightforward as it would seem. In many cases, the negligent driver may challenge their liability. A motorist may claim the injured pedestrian also acted negligently and is not entitled to compensation for the following reasons:
- The pedestrian failed to use the appropriate walkways or crosswalks.
- The pedestrian was under the influence and could not make clear judgments.
- In the absence of a clear crosswalk, the pedestrian acted recklessly and ignored the dangers of oncoming traffic.
- The pedestrian acted negligently by running across the road, wandering in and out of traffic, or jaywalking.
An experienced Buffalo accident attorney can protect your right to damages and advocate aggressively on your behalf. We will help you avoid common mistakes that may hurt your claim, including:
- Missing doctor’s appointments
- Failing to pick up prescriptions
- Failing to follow a doctor’s advice or orders
- Allowing your statements to be recorded
- Signing a medical release authorization for the insurance company
You can trust the legal counsel of our experienced and skilled pedestrian accident attorneys.
How Common Are Pedestrian Accidents in Buffalo, New York?
Thousands of pedestrians are injured every year. In many cases, serious injuries prove fatal. In the last reporting year:
- 5,977 pedestrians were fatally struck in traffic collisions.
- Approximately 137,000 pedestrians were injured.
- 47 percent of pedestrian accidents involved alcohol.
- 20 percent of pedestrian deaths are children or adults over 65 years of age.
Pedestrians are particularly vulnerable to traffic accidents. According to the same report conducted by the CDC, higher vehicle speeds, intersections, and low visibility are major contributing factors.
What Injuries Are Most Common to Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrians struck by motor vehicles often suffer serious and life-threatening injuries, including:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Crush injuries
- Loss of limb and amputations
- Broken, fractured, and dislocated bones
If someone you know has died following a pedestrian accident, contact our wrongful death lawyers in Buffalo immediately.
Contact A Buffalo Pedestrian Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries due to a negligent driver, our pedestrian accident attorneys in Buffalo can help you obtain the justice you deserve. At Towey Law, PLLC, we will represent your best interest and fight to recover damages, including:
- Full compensation of medical expenses
- Lost wages if you are unable to work
- Loss of future income
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering damages
Schedule a free consultation with a Buffalo pedestrian accident lawyer today by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232.