Bicycle accidents cause devastating injuries. Bicyclists lack the protection that cars and trucks afford motorists. Instead, bike riders take the full impact of a collision, often experiencing crushing injuries and broken bones.
At Towey Law, PLLC, our Buffalo bicycle accident attorneys understand traumatic injuries can lead to hefty medical expenses and long recovery times. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a biking accident involving a negligent or careless driver, you deserve compensation. Contact Towey Law, PLLC for a free consultation by calling (716) 300-8232.
If the accident has resulted in the death of a loved one, reach out to our wrongful death attorneys in Buffalo today.
Why Hire A Buffalo Bicycle Accident Lawyer From Towey Law?
After suffering an injury in a Buffalo bicycle accident, consult an attorney who will focus on your every need related to the case:
- Our Buffalo personal injury attorneys provide responsive communication to every client.
- Our skilled Buffalo personal injury lawyers have recovered over a million dollars in settlements and verdicts.
- We offer free consultations at your convenience, providing exceptional counsel in person, over the phone, or virtually.
Do You Need a Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Buffalo, New York?
A bicycle accident attorney can impact your case significantly. In many cases, victims of negligence settle their cases far below what they deserve due to pressure from insurance adjusters and mounting financial hardship.
However, bike riders who gain representation:
- Have experienced, skilled negotiators, protecting their best interests
- Can focus on recovering while their bike accident lawyer handles the extensive paperwork
- Have access to medical experts and other resources to support their case
When you need an aggressive advocate to protect your rights, call Towey Law, PLLC.
How Common Are Bicycle Accidents in New York?
New York is a wonderful state to ditch the car and ride a bike. However, the dangers from motorists have increased over the years:
- Preventable bicycle accident deaths have increased 37 percent in the last 10 years.
- Preventable injuries from bike riding accidents have increased 7 percent in the last reporting year.
- Bicycle accident fatalities accounted for 2 percent of all motor vehicle-related deaths.
Why Are So Many Bicycle Accidents Happening on the Road?
It can be intimidating for cyclists to share the road with motor vehicles. Bike riders are exposed to the elements. Cars, large trucks, and commercial trucks are far more protected. Still, many motorists refuse to share the road and can even regard bicyclists as obstacles.
The most common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving, including speeding
- Failure to yield
- Failing to signal while changing lanes
- Following cyclists too close
- Ignoring bike riders or failing to notice
Intersections can be especially hazardous for bike riders. Most drivers turning at an intersection are trained to look for other vehicles but may fail to notice a bicyclist. Parking lots also are prone to bicycle accidents due to numerous blind spots. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, more than 846 bicyclists were killed in traffic collisions in the last reporting year.
What Are the Most Common Injuries Bike Riders Sustain?
Unfortunately, bike riders are at a disadvantage when motorists are negligent resulting in a bicycle/car accident. Bicycle accidents can cause devastating damage, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken, dislocated, and fractured bones
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Severe lacerations
- Loss of limb or amputations
If you have been involved in an accident involving a vehicle, please reach out to our Buffalo car accident attorneys today.
Contact a Buffalo Bicycle Accident Attorney
At Towey Law, PLLC, we believe in protecting your best interests. If you or someone you love has been hurt in a bicycle crash involving a negligent party, call our skilled and experienced Buffalo injury attorneys today. A Buffalo bicycle accident attorney can help recover the damages you deserve, including:
- Full coverage of medical expenses
- Loss of wages if you cannot work
- Loss of future income
- Pain and suffering damages
Contact Towey Law, PLLC today and schedule a free evaluation of your case by clicking here or calling (716) 300-8232.